Sunday 14 October 2012

Hi all!

Hey all you bikesters, bikists, cycle commuters, and everyone else who thinks cycling rocks!!


All will have noticed that cycling in London is undergoing something of a renaissance in the last few years, which is great. Cycling is healthy, fun and affordable.This cycling renewal can be explained I believe in large part to the recent Cycle Superhighways that TfL have built along the major commuter routes.

Cycling in London is both a fun and daunting experience.
I meet lots of unexpected situations, see lots of crazy but also curteous behaviour from pedestrians, cyclists and cars. It can be dangerous at times and you need to have your wits about you at all times. However I also really enjoy the buzz I get from cycling in a world class city.

I am going to be writing about my experience cycling the 9 miles from my home in Wimbledon to central London every day.

I will also be pointing out examples of good and not so good cycling infrastructure.

I'm passionate about cycling. My dream is that one day cycling is as commonplace and normal in Britain as in Holland or Denmark. We are going in the right direction, but more quality, well thought out, cycling infrastructure is needed.


Oh yes, I am training to be a Civil Engineer. Hence the blog's title. I hope one day to build some Dutch-style quality cycle infrastructure for us all to enjoy!!

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment